Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I am Woman, No I will Not Roar........




I've been witness to many conversations lately with a variety of women, but the one point that continues to come up is how extreme some of their points of views seem to sway.  The opinion I don't understand the most and cannot relate to is the, "I hate men" view.  A woman I know literally said, "I hate all men, except my husband."  I cannot relate with the "Man Haters Club," maybe that's due to the men in my family being supportive of successful and strong women, or maybe it has to due with my mother and the strength and grace she has shown when dealing with the men in our family.  

I just simply cannot get behind the need to ROAR out that I am a woman.  I am much more of a doer, my actions should speak louder than words.  I am a proud Southern woman who is involved in a number of causes and works in the corporate world, but I do not feel the need to belittle the male species.    My grandmother and I were talking the other day and she was commenting that the women in our family are very strong and that she was so proud of that fact.  I know some of you will disagree with my point of view and that is totally fine, but in the end we all need to champion each other, woman to woman and woman to man.  



 photo signature-33.png

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way! I was actually really loving the "I am not a feminist" move that happened a few months ago. I, too, am a Southern woman, involved in my community, works in the corporate world, but I don't feel the need to roar and demand and be a brat about it.

    ReplyDelete