Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Sweet Long Weekend






Friday, I hit the road and joined the fam at the beach house for a long weekend since I took Monday off.  Well let me tell you, my vision of a weekend spent outside enjoying some nice weather was crushed, it rained the whole mother truckin' weekend!  Friday, Mama Jill cooked a fab dinner, which was a fabulous way to jump start the weekend!  Saturday, I was woken up by a baby pterodactyl aka my nephew M3.  He started making this noise that gradually built in volume and length.....this began at 6:30 and then I went and got him out of his pack and play at 8:30.  At first when this pterodactyl noise began, I had no idea where I was or what was making that funky sound, to say I was a bit confused and concerned was an understatement.  Mama Jill, Papa M and I ran around town and ate at Salt Works, but not without Papa M going back and forth on where he wanted to eat and whether or not to be healthy or not.  We stopped at Epic and literally walked in and walked out, it was a little toooo healthy for our blood, think earth mother and lots of sprouts.  Saturday night I met my bestie Kippy at Catch, a delicious seafood spot in Wilmington for dinner, the perfect night of catching up and eating delish food!  Easter Sunday also started out with another morning wake up call from our baby pterodactyl M3 followed by Easter baskets and Easter brunch at the Yacht Club.  I was hoping for an afternoon nap, but between chasing around the sweet babe and having random friends pop by for cocktails, there was no time!  Thank goodness I took Monday off so Mama Jill and I could chill and relax on the deck, since the sun decided to finally show it's face again!


 photo signature-33.png

No comments:

Post a Comment